Job Title: Senior Positive Behavioural Support Worker
Hours: Full and Part Time Opportunities Available!
So much more than just a career. Do more than a job, change a life…Here at Realise, we love the work that we do. And so will you.
Realise is Somerset Care Group’s specialist learning disabilities service who have been recognised for the work we do, including Silver winners in the Outstanding Care Awards, and finalists in the Laing Buisson awards. We are also only one of four providers in the country to achieve national recognition for our work with people that are part of the Transforming Care agenda. Realise provides tailored support for people who may be living with their family, living in their own accommodation or to those who wish to progress to more independent living.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Encouraging the people we support to reach their full potential.
- Providing high quality person centred care, tailored to the needs of each individual.
- Maintaining an environment that is appropriate to the needs of those we support.
- Supporting with day to day living tasks such as personal care, housekeeping, to emotional support, social interactions or accompanying those we support attend their appointments.
- Administering medication.
- Carrying out supervisions and audits.
Why work for us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- My Caring Rewards - provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make My Caring Rewards a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Opportunity to gain a qualification - qualification bonus of £100 upon completion
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shop for learning & development
- Somerset Care Group Awards - recognising those who have gone above and beyond
- Cycle to Work scheme - you can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Return to work maternity bonus of £100
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
- Paid mileage
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:
- Have experience within a similar environment, particularly within challenging environments, and hold your NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Be passionate, possess good communication, and organisational skills.
- Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends.
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways.
- You will also need to understand the complexity of working with challenging behaviours, whilst demonstrating resilience and adaptability.
Apply online today, email email@example.com, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 6944 for more information.
Realise, part of Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.