Job Title: Painter & Decorator
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Location: Somerset wide!
**Own vehicle essential**
We are recruiting for a Painter and Decorator to join our property team! You will be part of a small team of flexible decorators who help us care for our 27 care homes and 6 office locations. This work could be preparing empty rooms for new residents, decorating communal areas and office spaces and working with other decorators and contractors on projects.
Our decorators are an important part of our team, and need to be flexible to respond to organisational priorities as and when needed. For example our decorators have been essential during the COVID pandemic helping us manage our PPE distribution.
A phone is supplied but your own vehicle will be needed to fulfil the role with 34p per mile mileage paid.
Our working week is Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm, with 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). At times, overtime will be available.
Experience is essential, and a qualification in decorating is desirable.
Examples of the work to be carried out are as follows:
- Undertakes internal and external decoration work, minor repairs and plastering works to building fabric necessary to carry out decorating works.
- After appropriate training, uses chemical based materials necessary for pre painting preparations etc, in accordance with COSHH and Health and Safety guidelines.
- Uses appropriate power tools in addition to using the usual range of basic decorating tools and equipment provided by the Company in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- With due regard to Health and Safety requirements, identifies maintenance and repair needs, informs manager or supervisor so that appropriate work can be carried out.
- Attends meetings, training courses and follow-up refresher courses as required, particularly in relation to Health and Safety.
- Maintains a professional and hygienic appearance, and uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Maintains care and business confidentiality at all times.
- May be required to erect and dismantle access platforms.
- Will be required to use both brush and roller applications. May also be required to apply paint using a spray system.
- Will be required to work in areas that are occupied with residents in care homes. It is very important that health and safety is a high priority for the protection of residents, visitors, and staff.
- Must be capable of working as part of a team or on own initiative as required.
- Will be required to decorate both internal and external elements of properties.
- Undertakes other such duties as may be required by the Maintenance Team Leader/Property Manager
Why work for us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- My Caring Rewards - provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make My Caring Rewards a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Opportunity to gain a qualification - qualification bonus of £100 upon completion
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shop for learning & development
- Somerset Care Group Awards - recognising those who have gone above and beyond
- Cycle to Work scheme - you can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories
- Refer a friend bonus of £400
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Return to work maternity bonus of £100
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
- Paid mileage
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Weekend Enhancements
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:.
- Have experience in a painting & decorating.
- Be passionate, possess good communication, and organisational skills.
- Be aligned to our values of connecting with people, making a difference, doing the right thing, and embracing change.
Apply online today, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 6944 for more information.
Please note that a law has been passed in Parliament regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for care home employees. Legally, from 11 November 2021, staff who do not have both doses of the vaccination (unless exempt) will no longer be able to be employed within a Care Home. If you are successful, a condition of your employment is that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you start work.
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.