Job Title: Deputy Manager (Domiciliary Care)
Hours: Full Time
Shifts: 8:30am - 5pm (Mon-Fri) - inc. 1 Saturday in 6, and on call duties as part of a rota basis.
Salary: £28,392 per annum
Location: Huish House, Taunton, TA1 2EP
Somerset Care is one of the major care providers in Southern England, and one of the largest not-for-profit care companies in the UK. As an award winning company, it’s no surprise that we put our customers at the heart of what we do, by listening to, and understanding their wishes.
Our Somerset Community Team deliver care and support to people living in their own homes. We help people to stay in their own homes for longer by building their confidence and helping them to remain as independent as possible.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them to provide high quality care.
- Being responsible for service user's care liaising with their families, and health care professionals.
- Hosting Staff meetings
- Assisting with the management of the staff across the service area.
Why work for us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- My Caring Rewards - provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make My Caring Rewards a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Opportunity to gain a qualification - qualification bonus of £100 upon completion
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shop for learning & development
- Somerset Care Group Awards - recognising those who have gone above and beyond
- Cycle to Work scheme - you can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories
- Refer a friend bonus of £400
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Return to work maternity bonus of £100
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
- Paid mileage
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Weekend Enhancements
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:.
- Have you Level 3 in health and social care, be willing to work towards your Level 5 and have experience in a health care setting leading a team.
- Exposure or understanding of community services / domiciliary care setting
- Be passionate, possess good communication, and organisational skills.
- Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends.
- Be aligned to our values of connecting with people, making a difference, doing the right thing, and embracing change.
Apply online today, email email@example.com, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 6944 for more information.
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.